Graphic Designer, Craft Queen, Domestic Goddess
BFA in Graphic Design, School of Visual Arts 2013
- Classes in Communication, Typography, Photography, Motion Graphics, Letterpress, Silkscreen
- Scored in the Top Percentile of Sophomore Portfolio Review
- Board of Trustees Scholarship Recipient
- Dean’s List 2009-2010
Freelance Creative Lady (January 2012 - Present)
- Shop owner of “jennysimsmakesthings” on etsy.com
- Custom embroidery on wedding handkerchiefs, baby onesies, baby pillows, greeting cards.- Embroidery featured in December 2012 issue of Vice Magazine.
- Embroidered greeting cards have been carried at HAPA, a small design store, in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Custom letterpress t-shirts, posters, invitations.
- www.etsy.com/shop/jennysimsmakesthingsIntern at Foxy & Winston (January 2013 - April 2013)- Assisted the owner and office manager on various tasks.- Learned about the stationery and wedding invitation world and how to run a small business.- Packaged, priced and organized new items, photographed items for social media, designed the weeklychalkboard and designed a border for the office chalkboard wall, silkscreened.Abrams Books Design Intern (June 2012 - December 2012)
- Assisted designers, art director, and design management on various tasks.
Encore Merchandising (July 2010 - January 2012)
- Sold merchandise at Billy Elliot and The Addams Family Broadway musicals.
- Answered questions, gave directions, cash handling.
- Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, After Effects, Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient on all Apple products, Kindles, some PCs
- Proficient on most digital and film cameras, photo retouching, nature photography, studio lighting
- Fluent English, some conversational French
- Hand-Embroidery, Sewing (both machine and hand), Letterpress, Silkscreen, Scrapbooking, Baking, Collage,Hand-Lettering, Doodling, Creative Gift Wrapping, Self-Proclaimed Pinterest Expert, Chalkboard Decorating
All works © Jenny Marie Sims 2013.